Here i will share my journey of hopefully one day recognising my dream of becoming published writing what i love to read; Romance!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hidden Comments at New Voices

Well, i was getting a bit discouraged that my story was worthy any comments over at the New Voices Competition!
Nicole had left a fantastic comment, and a had some great roses, but no more comments. I want to know what people think of my writing - doesn't everyone?!
But then i searched through all the 600 odd pages of the comments in the discussion section and found about 8 comments.
Billie has come across with a lot of spunk and sass, i have a good voice. I'm very excited!

But i'm also feeling rather daunted - There are hundreds of awesome chapters up there!! How is mine going to make it to the top ten?
Oh well, if it doesn't i'll just finish the rest of the story and send it through the normal line!
Good luck to the rest of you :)

5 comments:

  1. A lot of people have found the comments have gone into hiding. I know there was more than Nicole's. Sneaky comments. Don't let the numbers daunt you it's all about the quality and what the editors want! At least telling myself that works for me ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, sneaky comments! Glad you found them.

    I know what you mean, the sheer numbers of the competition are frightening. Only a tad more than 1% of entries will move to Round 2. Argh!

    Just read your chapter - what a great occupation your heroine has! I really like her :) Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read it and thought it was an engrossing 1st chp. I couldn't leave a comment there because you have to be a member. Anyway, I liked it. You set the stage with drama, passion, and excitement and made enjoy wanting to keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks guys! really appreciate your feedback :)
    Lacey i LOVE your chapter! You should post it on your blog too! I'm going to post a link to it on mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Blush* You don't have to do that :)

    ReplyDelete