Here i will share my journey of hopefully one day recognising my dream of becoming published writing what i love to read; Romance!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Gearing up to Submit

Yep that's right! I wasn't going to but i have decided to enter the New Voices competition with Mills and Boon.
It is open to the public, they will read the chapter and rate it, the judges take note and choose the finalists for the round 1, then round 2, then readers pick the winner!
When i asked my husband if i should enter he said "You may as well see if you are any good or barking up the wrong tree"!!
He loves me, supports me, doesn't want me to waste my time if it isn't going to get me anywhere (but i still will if i love it - don't tell him ;) ).
So i am revisiting chapter 1 of my WIP and editing and reshaping to whip it into shape for the public eye. Check out the link for the submissions so far! They are fab!

4 comments:

  1. I love a man with a good "barking up the wrong tree" reference lol.

    Of course you're entering! I could have told you that! In fact I thought you were already entering and I was just waiting for the confirmation to put you up on The Wall lol! Maybe I'm psychic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you must be Lacey!
    But now i am struggling, way too much backstory, lots of doubt, but i AM going to do it! Monday is submission day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's terrifying isn't it? I waver on and off about entering or at least using a completely unrelated name so that if it's horrible no one will know lol.

    Yay for Monday, something to look forward to :)

    ReplyDelete