Here i will share my journey of hopefully one day recognising my dream of becoming published writing what i love to read; Romance!

Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Short Story, Part 2

Here continues my short story:


I sat at a tiny table in the corner of the hotel bar, nursing a glass of now warm chardonnay. It’s 5:30pm. I’d been gone for eight hours. I wondered how the kids were doing. Did Michael remember that Jenny hated peas and Beth didn’t like her food touching anything else on her plate? Memories and doubts filled my head. Why did I leave without saying goodbye? Why didn’t I talk to him first? Maybe he would have understood and I wouldn’t have had to run away like a thief, could have been sitting here without the guilt just having a little holiday. Why don’t I know who I am anymore? Something must be wrong with me to have just left them. Tears fell unchecked and through the watery blur a familiar voice penetrated my mind.

Alice?”

“Dan.” I wiped my face quickly and smiled at my first boyfriend, the one I’d given my innocence to and had fallen in love with in the last year of college.

“What are you doing here? I haven’t seen you in, God it must be years.”

“College, Seventh Form.”

He nodded and took the seat opposite me, sprawling his long legs out the side of the table. If he saw the tears he said nothing.

“What have you been up to?” He swallowed a mouthful of beer and smacked his lips in appreciation.

“Nothing much.” Got married. Had three beautiful children.


Kerrin Hearfield


Any comments or advice on content is much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment