Here i will share my journey of hopefully one day recognising my dream of becoming published writing what i love to read; Romance!

Monday, October 31, 2011

What's your brand?

Some of you may be asking, "A brand? Huh? I'm a writer!"
And i say, yes exactly!
Your writing is your brand, not your tag line.

Rachelle Gardiner, Literary Agent has an excellent post on Branding.
Simply;
1. Your brand is your genre
2. your book is more important than your platform.

Her advice, spend more time on your writing and your target audience, not your brand.

Check out her great post here for more details!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, and I plan on hitting most genres - lotsa brands for me *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Nicole what struck me was how i've been worrying about that stuff and it's so simple! Just do the writing and it will sell itself!!

    ReplyDelete