Here i will share my journey of hopefully one day recognising my dream of becoming published writing what i love to read; Romance!

Friday, January 2, 2009

Take a Break

I fully recommend after you have written a story, poem whatever you do, to take some time away from it. I took a month away. Basically because it was December and i had Christmas shopping and then Christmas and went on holiday. But coming back to look at my manuscript and my eyes are fresh to the words on the screen. I am able to see all the mistakes and make a better edit than i did when i edited immediately after i had finished the first draft.
So give yourself some time away from your manuscript to let your mind and eyes have a rest. When you come back you will be amazed at what you see and what needs to be fixed!

No comments:

Post a Comment