Here i will share my journey of hopefully one day recognising my dream of becoming published writing what i love to read; Romance!

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Oh how unscrupulous! Writers' Literary Agency is a scam!

I am so glad i have checked with Rob Parnell from The Easy Way to Write as to the professionalism of the Writers' Literary Agency. I submitted my manuscript online as per their instructions (as a new author i did not know to be suspicious!) and received two or three generic emails with information about them and what to do next. I got right to the reading the contract stage and thought i should ask someone not connected to them, about them.
Go here for more information on them. They are bad, bad, bad and i am glad i didn't sign!
http://accrispin.blogspot.com/2007/02/victoria-strauss-scam-perors-new.html
so today's tip: Check everything with another author/mentor or someone else in the industry. I know i will be checking all the time now!

No comments:

Post a Comment